Paper filter for use with 6, 8 and 10 cup Chemex brewers.
Don't be fooled by cheaper imposters – these filters are the real deal and, in our humble opinion, there's no other option for Chemex brewing. Why, you ask?
Chemex pre folded filter papers are easy to use and give a different taste to most filter papers due to their thickness. They are 20-30 % heavier than competitive brands and remove even the finest sediment particles as well as the undesirable oils and fats.
The cone shape, exactly as in laboratory techniques, ensures uniform extraction as the water filters through all the grounds on its way to the apex of the cone; regulating the filtration rate – not too slow, not too fast.
The Chemex filter is strong and won't burst under the weight of the liquid during filtration or break when lifting out the grounds.
HOW TO USE
- Open the filter so one side has three layers of paper.
- Place the filter into the Chemex and have the side with 3 layers go against the spout.
- To ensure there's no paper taste in your brew, we recommend you first pour warm water on the filter to wash the paper taste away while warming up the brewer at the same time.
We like a coarse grind when brewing with Chemex, but then again – who are we to tell you how to grind your favourite brew? Experiment!
- Cone shaped
- Oxygen cleansed – bleach free to ensure no chemical residue
- Compatible with Chemex 6,8 and 10 cup brewers (glass and Classic brewers)
- Works with other cone shaped brewers too
- Thicker than most filters to remove more sediment / oils
- 100 filters per pack
Note that these filter papers do not work with the 3 cup brewer - see Half Moon filters instead.